2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

organic wrote:
04 May 2024, 02:07
dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 02:03
Seanspeed wrote: I mean, yes, that's part of the worry. They brought a whole new car and proved incredibly competitive even on a track that would have previously been considered a weakness. They literally had a time in SQ2 that would have been good for pole position, but the car seemed to fall apart on soft tires.

Still some scary pace. I know a lot of people here dont want to consider Mclaren a legit rival, but I absolutely think they are. And frankly, I welcome it. I miss the days of Ferrari vs Mclaren.
PIA was 0.1 off in SQ2. The update is a good one but only NOR had it.

Also when they did their lap in SQ2 was peak performance for the track. The 2nd attempt in SQ2 was slower and nobody improved their time. In SQ3 track wasn’t as quick and cloud cover was totally gone and track was getting hotter melting all tires, which explains all the glitches in everyone’s laps.
Oscar has half of the package this weekend according to Stella: visibly confirmed has been the new front wing. He has old spec sidepods/engine cover though
Ah, makes sense then, wasn't aware of that.

f1316
f1316

dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 02:53
organic wrote:
04 May 2024, 02:07
dialtone wrote:

Also when they did their lap in SQ2 was peak performance for the track. The 2nd attempt in SQ2 was slower and nobody improved their time. In SQ3 track wasn’t as quick and cloud cover was totally gone and track was getting hotter melting all tires, which explains all the glitches in everyone’s laps.
Oscar has half of the package this weekend according to Stella: visibly confirmed has been the new front wing. He has old spec sidepods/engine cover though
Ah, makes sense then, wasn't aware of that.
In a weird sort of way I’ll be happy if McLaren have made a big step and are in RB’s ballpark - it’ll show what’s possible and makes things a bit more interesting. I expect Ferrari to make a similar step next week and net out with a similar gap to McLaren as in the opening few races (which was not huge) - hopefully with both teams a lot closer to RV.

ringo

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:44
codetower wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:40
Zynerji wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:32

Win or Bin. The LeClerc way of racing... :?

Not impressed when he doesn't crash... :roll:
The trolling is strong on this thread... always.
This is nothing, next year will be an actual hell
You know so well. 8)
This thread will be the only active one on the forum. All eyes on team "Le-Ham". :lol:

Ferrari still looking competitive even without upgrades by the way. Not a good look for Mclaren. Unless Lando choked and the race pace of mclaren will be monstrous.
For Sure!!

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:44
codetower wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:40
Zynerji wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:32

Win or Bin. The LeClerc way of racing... :?

Not impressed when he doesn't crash... :roll:
The trolling is strong on this thread... always.
This is nothing, next year will be an actual hell
Foe list will gains some names :-" :-" O:)

dialtone
dialtone

That mistake from LEC in T1 cost him pole, he lost 0.25s just in T1, rest of the lap is fairly even and Max loses 0.1 in his mistake on T14-15.

Both mistakes probably thanks to hot tires. Cars are close performance wise on this track, slight edge on RBR on end of straight deployment before T11 (the same gap isn't there into T17 and could be due to Max worse T16 exit due to his error).

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

LM10 wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:52
Ferrari without any upgrades, Leclerc without any running in FP1 and a close P2 in the end. Encouraging overall and that was qualifying only. Race should be Ferrari’s territory.
If McLaren’s pace drop in SQ3 really was up to them cooking the Softs - which I think it was - they’re gonna have a really hard time tomorrow.
You’ll find it wasn’t due to high deg but errant tyre preparation

dia6olo
dia6olo

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
04 May 2024, 05:04
LM10 wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:52
Ferrari without any upgrades, Leclerc without any running in FP1 and a close P2 in the end. Encouraging overall and that was qualifying only. Race should be Ferrari’s territory.
If McLaren’s pace drop in SQ3 really was up to them cooking the Softs - which I think it was - they’re gonna have a really hard time tomorrow.
You’ll find it wasn’t due to high deg but errant tyre preparation
I know McLaren have had an upgrade so things could be different but their race tyre degradation has not been great, it has held up mostly because of the low temperatures we have had.

Vanja #66

jambuka wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:50
McLarens have high deg? How’s deg looking for Ferrari. Did Carlos do any long runs ?
Remember Suzuka? Every chance it's gonna be even worse for McLaren
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CRazyLemon
CRazyLemon

dialtone wrote:
Seanspeed wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:26

I mean they just brought a completely new car. We will see next week in Imola.
I mean, yes, that's part of the worry. They brought a whole new car and proved incredibly competitive even on a track that would have previously been considered a weakness. They literally had a time in SQ2 that would have been good for pole position, but the car seemed to fall apart on soft tires.

Still some scary pace. I know a lot of people here dont want to consider Mclaren a legit rival, but I absolutely think they are. And frankly, I welcome it. I miss the days of Ferrari vs Mclaren.

Interesting thing about the commentary around McLarens upgrades, Ferrari says their upgrade is worth 0.250, McLaren say the difference between the half package Piastri got and the full package Norris got is 0.2, that says McLaren were expecting quite a bit out of their upgrade and much more than Ferrari's expectations. It does quite add up in my mind, hopefully Ferrari downplaying expectations.

deadhead

Seanspeed wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:25
<> it should be pretty concerning how fast Mclaren was and the fact that they could have had pole position . They didn't understand their car on soft tires, ok, but that's understandable for a first time out in a Sprint Weekend with such a huge upgrade.

I think you'd have to be lying to yourself if you didn't think that was potentially worrying.
Yes, I think they’ve taken a huge step and we will see a more realistic representation tomorrow and of course Imola.
I hope whatever Ferrari bring is at least as substantial…

Vanja #66

Leclerc's T1 snap was really small and way before he got back on throttle, so I don't think it was too costly. One of the cleanest laps in SQ3 no doubt

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

deadhead wrote:
04 May 2024, 08:01
Seanspeed wrote:
04 May 2024, 01:25
Ignoring the obvious troll, it should be pretty concerning how fast Mclaren was and the fact that they could have had pole position . They didn't understand their car on soft tires, ok, but that's understandable for a first time out in a Sprint Weekend with such a huge upgrade.

I think you'd have to be lying to yourself if you didn't think that was potentially worrying.
Yes, I think they’ve taken a huge step and we will see a more realistic representation tomorrow and of course Imola.
I hope whatever Ferrari bring is at least as substantial…
Will be fascinating to watch their tyre deg today. If they are even close to Redbull, it would mean a massive step up. Though, my suspicion is that they have an over aggressive setup and are going to burn through their tyres faster in the race.

https://x.com/junaidsamodien_/status/17 ... 1882595420

Looks like Redbull will use the hards for the sprint, but McLaren and Ferrari will do the mediums? That makes the start very interesting, Charles might be able to get past

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

dialtone wrote:
04 May 2024, 04:38
https://i.imgur.com/ltNKcYJ.jpeg

That mistake from LEC in T1 cost him pole, he lost 0.25s just in T1, rest of the lap is fairly even and Max loses 0.1 in his mistake on T14-15.

Both mistakes probably thanks to hot tires. Cars are close performance wise on this track, slight edge on RBR on end of straight deployment before T11 (the same gap isn't there into T17 and could be due to Max worse T16 exit due to his error).
Is that the first time since a few races that Ferrari brakes and applies full throttle earlier than Max?

Space-heat
Space-heat

Are Ferrari using the same RW as all previous races?

The lower DF wing that was brought to Jeddah and not used. Is that counted in the cost cap, or is it only if it used on track? Cheers.

Vanja #66

Space-heat wrote:
04 May 2024, 11:48
Are Ferrari using the same RW as all previous races?

The lower DF wing that was brought to Jeddah and not used. Is that counted in the cost cap, or is it only if it used on track? Cheers.
They only major piece of bodywork that was changed in these 6 weekends was beam wing, two- and one-piece parts were used. Even front wing flaps were the same, only angle was changed. Cooling louvre changes on engine cover shoulders and g flap trim are a given :)

Low-level wing will surely be used in Belgium and Baku, so it will be a part of the seasonal costs in any case.

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie